New AccountsWe'll set up your account once we've received payment and screened the order(s) for fraud by ourselves and/or our payment partner(s). You have to supply us with an email address that is not @ the domain(s) under which you are registering. If there is ever an issue with abuse or we need to contact you, we will use the primary email address on file. You must keep the email address on file up to date and current at all times. You must ensure that the contact information for your domain account and your actual domain name(s) are valid and up-to-date if you have a domain name registered with Limda. Limda is not responsible for a lapsed registration caused by the domain being paired with outdated contact information. If you need to double-check or alter this information, go to your clients' section and make the changes yourself. Your account may be terminated if you provide fraudulent contact information of any type. Within 3 days of establishing your account with Limda, you will be required to present government-issued identification (Passport/National ID/Driving License, etc.) and proof of address (Utility Bill) for any service purchased from Limda. If you don't meet these standards, your order may be flagged as fraudulent and refused. New account setup may be delayed due to unanticipated challenges with numerous mail servers and any connection problems between your ISP and Limda operating office.
TransfersOur migration staff will do all possible to assist you in moving your site to us. However, our migration team provides transfers as a best-effort service, and we cannot guarantee the availability, possibility, or time required to execute an account transfer. Each hosting firm is set up differently, and some hosting platforms save data in an incompatible or proprietary format, making migration of some or all account data exceedingly difficult, if not impossible. We will do our utmost to help you move data from a previous host, but we may not be able to do so in some situations. The free transfer services are accessible for a period of three (3) days after you sign up.
Satisfaction GuaranteedOnly the Web Hosting service is covered by a 30-day guarantee. If you are dissatisfied with t services for any reason during the first 30 days of service (Only Web Hosting), you may request that your services be terminated in writing via email or our cancellation form (see below), and you will receive a full refund*. You must also give a specific explanation for your cancellation (as we request any cancellation, no matter the time frame). We are the only arbitrator of whether your reason is valid and if you and we both took all reasonable steps to correct the problem that caused the interest to be canceled. If the client has broken the conditions of the agreement.
*Domain Registration/renew/transfer or SSL etc. +Processing fee will apply…
PaymentsWhen you subscribe to our services, you are signing up for a pre-paid service, and all ITES (domain registration, web hosting, SSL, and so on) services are subject to 5% VAT, or 5% VAT and 2% sales tax for web development services. All past-due invoices can be paid online with bKash, or PayPal, as well as via bank transfer or walk-in payment at our operation office. Except for payments made through our offline method, all online payments are subject to a payment gateway fee, which will be added automatically when you select payment options in your Clients Area > Invoice. From 30 to 1 day before the renewal date, renewal notices are sent numerous times through email. bKash, PayPal, Bank Transfer, and Walk-in-Payment are the only methods of payment we accept at our operation office. If your yearly charge is declined and we are unable to contact you, the late fees to authorize your account will apply. Any questions about payment should be directed to the Limda support forum. We shall take the following steps if a shared/reseller/VPS/Dedicated/Email Server/Spam Filtering/File Hosting, etc. account has a past due invoice.
- 1 Day – No Action Taken
- 2 Days – Accounts are suspended
- 7 Days – Late Fee Added
- 15 Days – Accounts will be terminated
CancellationsYou must write to sales or request a Cancellation from your clients' area if you wish to cancel your services.
Overage ChargesGiven our customers' needs, our service plans are designed to accommodate the majority of usage scenarios. Your consumption, however, may differ and necessitate more resources, particularly in the areas of storage and traffic. If your account requires more resources, we will never charge your card automatically. You must keep your cPanel email address up to date so that you can receive an email when your account reaches specific limits set entirely by our system, at which point you can contact us to upgrade your account's transfer quota. If your allotments are exceeded and you do not contact us, the system will suspend your site.
Refunds/Accounts TerminationIf Limda fails to provide said services for whatever reason, a prorated refund will be granted. If Limda is forced to suspend or terminate your services due to a violation of our stated policies, no refunds will be given. If you request account cancellation, your account will be suspended from us once your service has been canceled. Within 30 days, it will be erased. If your account is suspended for any other reason and continues suspended for more than 10 days, it will be erased. If a customer has multiple accounts with Limda, Limda reserves the right to suspend all of the accounts if one or more accounts are not paid until all of the payments are made.
- If you are discovered to be in breach of our terms and conditions, there will be no refund.
- If you use our service for the second time, there will be no refund. It is only given to a buyer once for any product…
ContentAll Limda services must be used for legitimate purposes only. Any information, data, or content that is sent, stored, or presented in violation of any Bangladesh Government local legislation is banned. This includes copyrighted information, material we deem to be threatening or obscene, material that threatens national security, and material protected by trade secrets or other laws, among other things. The subscriber agrees to indemnify and keep Limda harmless from any claims arising out of the subscriber's use of Limda services that hurt the subscriber or anyone else. Limda believes in free expression; nevertheless, any content (written, visual, or inferred) in the following categories will not be creed, or religious beliefs; vulgarity or filthy language directed at anybody other than oneself; any violent or malicious content. We prefer that you manage your material and are in charge of what your website offers. We don't have the resources or time to regularly monitor and manage our servers, which contain constantly
Content or links that are forbidden include (but are not limited to):
On all our dedicated servers and colocation services, examples of banned content include:
- IRCD (IRC servers)
- IRC Scripts/Bots
- Pirated Software/Warez
- IP Scanners
- Bruteforce Programs/Scripts/Applications
- Mail Bombers/Spam Scripts
- High-Yield Interest Programs (HYIP) or Related Sites
- Investment Sites (FOREX, E-Gold Exchange, Second Life/Linden Exchange, Ponzi, MLM/Pyramid Scheme)
- Sale of any controlled substance without prior proof of appropriate permit(s)
- Prime Banks Programs
- Lottery Sites
- Hateful/Racist/Harassment oriented sites
- Hacker focused sites/archives/programs
- Sites promoting illegal activities
- Forums and/or websites that distribute or link to warez/pirated/illegal content
- Bank Debentures/Bank Debenture Trading Programs
- Fraudulent Sites (Including, but not limited to sites listed at aa419.org & escrow-fraud.com)
- Mailer Pro
Opt-in Email MarketingIf you choose to engage in marketing your site and/or services via email please heed the following. The only permitted form of email marketing is that in which the list is accepted. By definition, opt-in is where people provide you with their email address specifically requesting to be on your email list for information about your site and/or service. If we find your account transmitting email to persons that did not authorize such activity, that is grounds to suspend and terminate your site. Note: On the flip side, the joining of an opt-in email list does not guarantee the legitimacy of such a list. Please contact us before taking any steps so that you will not be a victim of spam from second and third parties of such lists.
Zero Tolerance Spam PolicyUnsolicited commercial email (UCE) and unsolicited bulk email (UBE), also known as spam mail, are not tolerated at Limda. Spam is defined as follows: If an electronic message meets the following criteria, it is considered spam mail: 1) the recipient's identity and context are irrelevant because the message is equally applicable to many other potential recipients; AND (2) the recipient has not verifiably granted deliberate, explicit, and still-revocable permission for the message to be sent; AND (3) the transmission and reception of the message appears to the recipient to benefit the sender disproportionately. If you send an email to someone who hasn't specifically asked to receive it, you'll be charged with UCE/UBE Abuse. It makes no difference where the email was sent from. Any Limda customer who engages in this conduct will have their service suspended if abuse is confirmed. Spam not only puts a strain on the server, lowering its uptime and performance, but it also puts the server at risk of being blacklisted.
This is a checklist of things you must accomplish if your site will be sending out mailings to subscribers:You must not attempt to conceal, forge, or misrepresent the sender of the e-mail or the re-sending mail's site. Bulk mailings must explain how the recipients' email addresses were obtained, as well as the frequency with which they were sent. Unsubscribe procedures should be easy and evident in bulk mailings. This should be in the form of a working link to a one-click unsubscribe system, although a genuine address can also be used.
- In the content of all subscription-based e-mails, they must contain legitimate, non-electronic contact information for the sending organization, such as a phone number or physical mailing address.
- All bulk emails must be solicited, which means the sender has an established and verifiable relationship with the e-mail recipient and the recipient has not requested to be removed from the sender's mailing list. Upon request, documentation of the sender's and recipient's relationship must be made available to AOL.
- Unsolicited Bulk Email is a practice of sending unsolicited emails to a large number of people. It is forbidden to send any type of unsolicited bulk email over Limda servers. It is also forbidden to transmit UBE from another service provider advertising a website, email address, or any other resource housed on Limda servers. When communications transmitted from another Internet Service Provider violate this Policy or the other provider's, Limda accounts or services may not be utilized to solicit customers from, or collect replies to, those messages.
- Unconfirmed Mailing Lists are being used. It is against the law to add email addresses to any mailing list without the owner's clear and verifiable authorization. Closed-loop mailing lists must be used by Limda customers. Each address owner's subscription confirmation message must be retained on file for the life of the mailing list's existence. It is forbidden to purchase email address lists from third parties for mailing from any Limda-hosted website or to refer to any Limda account.
- Operating an account on behalf of, or in connection with, persons or firms listed in the Spamhaus Register of Known Spam Operations (ROKSO) database at www.spamhaus.org, or reselling any service to them.
Script Usage PolicyLimda offers Web Hosting accounts with the ability to run CGI scripts, PHP scripts, and other executable programs. Because these scripts consume significantly more system resources than regular HTML pages, certain limitations must be imposed on their use. We regret that we are often unable to ascertain which script or application is causing the system resource overflow. In the vast majority of cases, we can pinpoint the offending account on the system. The following rules apply to all of the above-mentioned "active content" files:
- The script should only consume a little number of system resources. Scripts that use a significant amount of our RAM or processing will be suspended immediately until the owner is notified and an alternate solution is found.
- At any given time, no user account may use more than 20% of system resources. If an account uses 20% or more of the system's resources regularly, the account holder will be notified, and if no action is made, the account will be stopped.
- There is no guarantee that the scripts will interact with any server setup or hardware. Accounts that run these scripts will be terminated without warning and a refund.
- The script cannot be referenced or used on any other site that is not hosted by Limda.
- The script has to run promptly. Any script that spends more than a few milliseconds on the processor will be removed.
- Any script that appears to be designed specifically to attack or otherwise maliciously affect the server is completely unacceptable, and if such scripts are discovered in your account, your account will be immediately terminated, and your actions will be reported to the appropriate local, state, and federal authorities, with legal action taken to prosecute the account holder to the fullest extent of the law
- Chat room scripts written in Perl are strictly forbidden.
- Only our high-end accounts will be able to run scripts that require a lot of bandwidth, such as non-Perl chat room scripts or banner rotation scripts.
- Scripts must be kept secure. This regulation prohibits unnecessarily chmoding scripts to 777. This guideline also prohibits keeping scripts in a publicly accessible directory (one without an index.html file).
- You entirely must ensure the security of your website script. Limda will not be held liable for any losses incurred by your account as a result of a script leak or backdoor.
Resource Usage Policy
- 12. a) Server Resource Abuse Policy(SRAP)
- Per account, file, or application, memory use cannot exceed 10%.
- The CPU use varies by shared hosting plan, which can be viewed on the plan details page.
- The number of Apache connections is limited to 30.
- Per domain, 15 MySQL maximum user connections permitted 250 emails per hour.
- At any moment on the server, run stand-alone, unattended server-side processes. This contains all daemons, including IRCD.
- On shared servers, you can run any form of web spider or indexer (including Google Cash / AdSpy).
- Any software that connects to an IRC (Internet Relay Chat) network can be used.
- Run any BitTorrent client, tracker, or application. You are permitted to link to legal torrents hosted elsewhere, but you are not permitted to host or store them on our shared servers.
- Take part in whatever file-sharing or peer-to-peer activity you can think of.
- Run whatever game server you want, such as Counter-Strike, Half-Life, Battlefield 1942, and so on.
- Run cron entries with less than 15-minute intervals.
- b) Illegal Usage
- c) Illegal Content
- e) Liabilities
- f) IP Address Ownership
- g) Security
- Accessing material that is not meant for the user or connecting onto a server or account that the user is not authorized to access
- Attempting to probe, scan, or test a system's or network's vulnerability, or to circumvent security or authentication mechanisms without proper authorization.
- Attempting to disrupt service to any user, host, or network, including, but not limited to, overloading, ping flooding, mail bombing, and other methods.
- In any e-mail or forum posting, forging any TCP/IP packet header or any part of the header information
- Taking any action to gain services to which the User is not entitled.
- Attempting to combine many hosting packages to take advantage of large amounts of space or bandwidth.
Server AbuseAny attempt to damage or harm a Limda Web server or a Limda Web subscriber is strictly prohibited, including but not limited to:
- Logging into a server or account that you don't have permission to use
- Obtaining services not intended for you or your use by accessing data or taking any action.
- Attempting to probe, scan, or test any system, subsystem, or network for vulnerabilities.
- Without sufficient authorization, tampering, hacking, changing, or otherwise damaging or compromising security or authentication measures
- Transmission of material containing viruses, Trojan horses, worms, time bombs, cancelbots, or other computer programming routines or engines with the aim or effect of damaging, destroying, disrupting, or otherwise degrading the functionality or operation of a computer or the System.
- Interfering with, intercepting, or taking control of any system, data, or information
- Interfering with any user's, host's, or network's service, including, but not limited to, overloading, "flooding," "mailbombing," or "crashing" any computer system